Phone: (715)682-7111 ext. 1533
Phone:(715) 682-7111 ext. 1532
2016 - 2017 Scholarships
Please contact office to have an application mailed to you. If you're leaving a message for an application, please include
your name, mailing address, college, and program.
*Applications are due completed by July 15th for the priority deadline. After this date, scholarships are on a first come, first serve basis. *
***AS OF APRIL 1ST, 2015, BAD RIVER TRIBAL COUNCIL VOTED WE WILL NO LONGER BE SERVICING
BAD RIVER TRIBAL MEMBERS LIVING OUTSIDE THE STATE OF WI***
It is with our utmost respect to inform you all that Mr. Dana Jackson has retired as Education Director.
We are thankful for his 36 + years of dedication and service to our community & we wish him all the best!
As we continue to do our best to assist with your success, we kindly ask that only applicants, those applying for educational services, (not spouse/parent/grandparents/legal guardian of applicant) contact our office to help ensure all questions or concerns are addressed in a timely matter.
The following link is information regarding book information regarding 87 prominent Indian leaders of modern age.
- Drumming Teacher for Head Start Students
- bids must be submitted by November 10, 2016 @ 4 pm
- Family Movie Night Concession Bid
- must be submitted by November 16, 2016 @ 3 pm
The following links are different upcoming events:
- University of Stevens Point brings two internationally recognized speakers on third wave therapies to Stevens Point, WI on Friday, October 28, 2016 & February 3, 2017.
- 9th Annual Gitchi Gami Pow Wow
- Friday, November 4, 2016
- Keep Calm & ROC your MOCS
- Monday, November 28, 2016 @ 4pm - 7pm
- SAVE the DATE! Bad River's 2017 Environmental Open House
- Wednesday, March 15 2017 @ 2pm - 7pm
- Fourth graders can obtain a pass that grants free access to federal lands and waters nationwide for them and their family.
- BIA 2017 summer internships
The following links are additional scholarship opportunities that are available. They are not the Bad River scholarships we offer. .
- Agnese Nelms Haury Scholarship at Linacre College, Oxford University, United Kingdom - provides support (tuition fees & living costs) for indigenous students from US & Canada to study for a one-year taught Masters degreeat Oxford University in association with Linacre College
- Catching The Dream - scholarship programs for Native American students
- Intertribal Timber Council - Scholarship announcement for Native American/Alaskan Natural Resource Students.
- Deadline: January 18, 2017
- WI Medical Society Foundation - Scholarship opportunities for students pursuing education in medicine, nursing and in other health care professions that work with physicians & patients in a clinical setting. Students applying by Feb 1, 2017 will be considered for a scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year.
this above link is large and may take a few minutes to upload to view
I. College of Menominee Nation:
II. Fort Lewis College - Native American Tuition Waiver
III. Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College:
- Student Account Amensty Program - check out how you can be eligible to receive full forgiveness of the debt owed to the school.
VI. University of North Dakota - Grand Forks
- Healthcare Education Opportunities for American Indians
- website: www.inmed.und.edu
- Phone: (701) 777-3037
- Summer Employment Opportunities & Summer Institute at UND (Grades7-12)
- Nursing Education Opportunities for American Indians
- Website: www.nursing.und.edu/rain
- Phone: (701) 777-3224
- Doctoral Psychology Education Opportunities for American Indians
- Website: www.und.edu/org/inpsyde
- Phone: (701) 777 - 4497
- Summer Program for High School Students
UW - M application Required: Undergrad - umn.edu/admission Graduate - graduateschool.uwm.edu
Department of Music application Required: arts.uwm.edu/music/admission
- Construction Boilermaker Apprenticeship
- DULUTH/BRAINERD ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIPS
- IRON RANGE/BEMIDJI ELECTRICIAL APPRENTICESHIPS
Ironworkers Union - Hi - Boom Erecting, Inc.
National Seminars Training: enroll at NationalSeminarsTraning.com or call 1-800-258-7246
72682 Maple St.
P.O. Box 39
ODANAH, WI 54861
FAX: (715) 682-7118