Phone: (715)682-7111 ext. 1533
Phone:(715) 682-7111 ext. 1532
2016 - 2017 Scholarships
Please contact office to have an application mailed to you. If you're leaving a message for an application, please include
your name, mailing address, college, and program.
*Applications are due completed by July 15th for the priority deadline. After this date, scholarships are on a first come, first serve basis. *
***AS OF APRIL 1ST, 2015, BAD RIVER TRIBAL COUNCIL VOTED WE WILL NO LONGER BE SERVICING
BAD RIVER TRIBAL MEMBERS LIVING OUTSIDE THE STATE OF WI***
It is with our utmost respect to inform you all that Mr. Dana Jackson has retired as Education Director.
We are thankful for his 36 + years of dedication and service to our community & we wish him all the best!
As we continue to do our best to assist with your success, we kindly ask that only applicants, those applying for educational services, (not spouse/parent/grandparents/legal guardian of applicant) contact our office to help ensure all questions or concerns are addressed in a timely matter.
The following link is information regarding book information regarding 87 prominent Indian leaders of modern age.
The following links are different upcoming events:
- University of Stevens Point brings two internationally recognized speakers on third wave therapies to Stevens Point, WI on Friday, October 28, 2016 & February 3, 2017.
- 12th Annual Bad River Social Services Conference "Indidabaajim" (Telling My Story)
- October 20, 2016 11 am - 6 pm
- October 21, 2016 11 am - 4:15 pm
- 9th Annual Gitchi Gami Pow Wow
- Friday, November 4, 2016
- Fourth graders can obtain a pass that grants free access to federal lands and waters nationwide for them and their family.
The following links are additional scholarship opportunities that are available. They are not the Bad River scholarships we offer. .
- Agnese Nelms Haury Scholarship at Linacre College, Oxford University, United Kingdom - provides support (tuition fees & living costs) for indigenous students from US & Canada to study for a one-year taught Masters degreeat Oxford University in association with Linacre College
- Catching The Dream - scholarship programs for Native American students
- Intertribal Timber Council - Scholarship announcement for Native American/Alaskan Natural Resource Students.
- Deadline: January 18, 2017
- WI Medical Society Foundation - Scholarship opportunities for students pursuing education in medicine, nursing and in other health care professions that work with physicians & patients in a clinical setting. Students applying by Feb 1, 2017 will be considered for a scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year.
this above link is large and may take a few minutes to upload to view
I. College of Menominee Nation:
II. Fort Lewis College - Native American Tuition Waiver
III. Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College:
- Student Account Amensty Program - check out how you can be eligible to receive full forgiveness of the debt owed to the school.
VI. University of North Dakota - Grand Forks
- Healthcare Education Opportunities for American Indians
- website: www.inmed.und.edu
- Phone: (701) 777-3037
- Summer Employment Opportunities & Summer Institute at UND (Grades7-12)
- Nursing Education Opportunities for American Indians
- Website: www.nursing.und.edu/rain
- Phone: (701) 777-3224
- Doctoral Psychology Education Opportunities for American Indians
- Website: www.und.edu/org/inpsyde
- Phone: (701) 777 - 4497
- Summer Program for High School Students
UW - M application Required: Undergrad - umn.edu/admission Graduate - graduateschool.uwm.edu
Department of Music application Required: arts.uwm.edu/music/admission
2. Bad River:
3. Ironworkers Union - Hi - Boom Erecting, Inc.
4. National Seminars Training: enroll at NationalSeminarsTraning.com or call 1-800-258-7246
72682 Maple St.
P.O. Box 39
ODANAH, WI 54861
FAX: (715) 682-7118