Phone: (715) 682-7111 ext. 1530
Phone: (715)682-7111 ext. 1533
HOURS: Monday - Friday
9 am - 4:30 pm
Phone:(715) 682-7111 ext. 1532
2014 - 2015 Scholarships
Please contact office to have an application mailed to you. If you're leaving a message for an application, please include your name, mailing address, college, and program.
*Applications are due completed by July 15th for the priority deadline. * After this date, scholarships are on a first come, first serve basis.
The following link is information regarding book information regarding 87 prominent Indian leaders of modern age.
The following links are for different camp opportunities that are offered that we are given notices of:
- Bad River/University of WI Youth Media Project - we are co-sponsoring a weeklong summer workshop on communication and health for high school age students. Will be held August 11-15 at the Convention Center and various locations around the reservation. High school students along with UW undergraduate students will be learning about wild rice, treaty rights, fisheries, climate change, old powwow dances, anciet skills, and other culturally relevant topiecs. They will be learning the of HD video equipment, interviewing elders and other, editing and producing video for a premiere at the end of the week. Students will be transported to various places by tribal van, boats and some hiking. Stop in or call (715) 682-7111 ext. 1530 or 1533 for an application; apps are due by Friday, August 1st.
- School District of Ashland
- AWARE Grant Project Coordinator -
- Community/Culture Coordinator -
The following links are different upcoming events:
- Duke University
- Duke Admissions will present information and answer questions about the university, admissions process, financial aid, and more. Going on in Minneapolis, MN @ Brookdale Library, 6125 Shingle Creek Parkway, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430; Monday, October 20, 2014 @ 7pm
- University of Milwaukee Music Festival
- Event is for High school musicians taking place on February 6-8, 2015
The following links are additional scholarship opportunities that are available. They are not the Bad River scholarships we offer. .
- Business-Related Field Scholarship Opportunity - http://scholarships.ncaied.org/
The National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED) is providing scholarship opportunities to students seeking higher education. Must be majoring in a business-related field; must be a junior, senior, or graduate student; must be enrolled full-time; must be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education. Applicants must complete the application, write a personal essay, send official transcripts, have a letter of admission or enrollment for the 14-15 academic year and send a copy of the fall semester class schedule. Deadline is September 5th
- Catching The Dream - scholarship programs for Native American students
this above link is large and may take a few minutes to upload to view
I. College of Menominee Nation:
II. Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College:
- Student Account Amensty Program - check out how you can be eligible to receive full forgiveness of the debt owed to the school.
III. School of Art Institute of Chicago:
- All interested are invited to join and learn more about undergraduate study: Sunday, November 2, 2014 @ 12 pm - 3 pm Walker Art Center Minneapolis, 1750 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55403
b. Department of Music Auditions: Friday, Nov. 21, 2014; Saturday, Feb 13, 2015; Friday, Feb. 27, 2015; Friday, March 27, 2015
UW - M application Required: Undergrad - umn.edu/admission Graduate - graduateschool.uwm.edu
Department of Music application Required: arts.uwm.edu/music/admission
V. UW - Plateville:
- 2015-2016 Music Admission & Scholarship Auditions - to schedule your audition, visit www.uwplatt.edu/music/future-student-scholarships
VI. UW - Stevens Point:
- Music Auditions - February 7, March 7 & April 11, 2015 by appointment, visit www.uwsp.edu/music or call 1-715-346-3107
2. National Seminars Training: enroll at NationalSeminarsTraning.com or call 1-800-258-7246
3. UW - Superior: Native American Cultural Awareness for Educators
72682 Maple St.
P.O. Box 39
ODANAH, WI 54861
FAX: (715) 682-7118